Friday, January 27, 2012

Identity


Today we took a break in our day & headed to Chick-Fil-A for some lunch & playtime.
While we were enjoying our chickens as Eliza calls them, I noticed a pretty little blonde girl wearing glasses. As the mother got up to go in the play area I asked how old she was when she got her glasses. I can't help but feel a connection to another parent who has a little one wearing glasses.
We chatted for a bit & then the mother said to me "Her glasses will become her identity & that is just who she is.". I can't shake that comment. I don't want her glasses to become her identity. They are just plastic, wires, & screws.
I want her identity to be within her.
What is in her heart.
Most importantly, who she serves. I want her to find her identity in things that can't be touched or held.
The Webster's dictionary defines identity as: condition or character as to who a person or thing is.
Her glasses are not who she is. They are what she wears to see better.

Let me tell you who she is.
She's the funniest little girl I've met. Just ask her! :)
She has the sweetest heart I've seen on a 2 year old.
She's a little Momma. Always wanting to take care of others.
She's learning about the one we serve.
I'm shocked everyday at how smart she is. She is picking up things so quickly.


Eliza happens to wear glasses, but glasses don't wear her!

No comments:

Post a Comment